Thermostat upgrades help Columbus and Opelika area homeowners create more efficient homes – and buying and installing one is probably more affordable than you think! Smart thermostat rebate programs allow homeowners to receive money back when they purchase and install qualifying thermostats at home. This savings makes the cost of new equipment more affordable, further encouraging homeowners to make moves toward better energy efficiency at home!
How Is a Smart Thermostat Different?
Smart thermostats are more advanced than an old-fashioned dial thermostat by far. Smart thermostats allow you to program temperature schedules for your HVAC system to follow for a short period after installation. The thermostat will learn your preferences and household schedule to make automatic temperature adjustments ongoing.
There’s a reason why some utility companies offer smart thermostat rebate programs – they’re extremely helpful for generating energy savings at home! These controls help homeowners achieve the perfect balance of comfort and energy efficiency with their heating and cooling systems. A smart thermostat communicates more effectively with your HVAC system with highly accurate readings and immediate adjustment to control energy consumption, providing ongoing savings after you receive your smart thermostat rebate.
Smart Thermostat Features
A smart thermostat rebate isn’t the only incentive you receive upon installation! Smart thermostats offer truly amazing convenience and energy conservation features to help your household maximize comfort and control over energy spend. The features will depend on the model you choose.
- Smart thermostats consider ambient conditions, such as humidity levels, to adjust temperatures and keep your family comfortable. Humidity levels greatly affect the body’s comfort at different temperatures – smart thermostats use sensors to detect humidity levels and adjust temperatures accordingly to maintain an ideal indoor environment.
- Smart thermostats keep you informed about the condition of your heating and cooling equipment. Various models provide diagnostic alerts, letting you know when something is wrong with your system by detecting spikes in energy consumption – this way, you know to call for repairs right away.
- System alerts are especially handy while on vacation or busy at work, which allow you to address the issue before a major crisis occurs. Alerts sent to your smartphone or email share changes in system performance or breakdowns, so you are able to arrange for service even while away to prevent discomfort and system damage.
- Many smart thermostats offer custom display capabilities, so you choose the information you want to see, such as indoor and outdoor temperatures, weather conditions, humidity levels and more. Certain models allow you to customize the face to match the décor of your home.
Smart Thermostat Rebate Programs for Alabama & Georgia Homeowners
Below, you’ll find local utility providers who offer smart thermostat rebates. Always check with your utility company to verify rebate qualifications and program eligibility before you purchase a new thermostat.
- Alabama Power offers a $100 rebate for the installation of qualifying Wi-Fi-enabled smart thermostats that are ENERGY STAR certified.
- Georgia Power’s Home Energy Improvement Program offers a smart thermostat rebate up to $75 with qualifying thermostat purchase through the Georgia Power Marketplace.
- Diverse Power offers a $25 rebate for the installation of a programmable thermostat with adaptive recovery.
Utility programs that offer smart thermostat rebate payments and other incentives typically have strict requirements for eligibility. The program may require models made on or after a specific date or those that are ENERGY STAR certified. Some may mandate the smart thermostat be installed by a certified HVAC contractor to ensure proper performance so the unit generates expected energy savings.
Pros of Smart Thermostat Installation
In addition to money saved through smart thermostat rebate programs, homeowners gain important advantages when they put these smart controls to work in their homes.
1. Enhanced Energy Savings
A smart thermostat pairs with occupancy sensors to boost energy savings. It detects when no one’s home and adjusts the heating and air accordingly. There’s no point in running your furnace, air conditioner or heat pump at an increased temperature if there’s no one there to benefit.
This capability generates extra savings on monthly utility bills without any extra effort! Smart thermostat apps keep a record of HVAC system energy consumption to inform you about your energy habits. The information allows you to make adjustments and save even more on utilities. How cool is that?
2. Remote Access
Remote access is one of the main reasons homeowners want smart thermostats. Why get up and walk to your thermostat to change the temperature when you could adjust it from your smartphone? Make sure the house is at a comfortable temperature when you arrive home from a long vacation.
You can change your thermostat settings from anywhere using a smartphone, tablet or computer. Many smart thermostat models integrate with popular smart home hubs such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home and others to allow setting changes via voice control! Simply talk to your thermostat and tell it what to do, hands free!
3. Maintenance Alerts
When was the last time you changed the air filter in your heating and cooling system? If you perform all of the little maintenance checks and service, your system lasts longer and costs less in the long run. Smart thermostats help homeowners stay up to date with HVAC system maintenance requirements to further savings. The system notifies you when it’s time for a filter change or to schedule a preventative maintenance tune up.
Smart Thermostats from Energy Savers
Take advantage of a qualifying smart thermostat rebate program to generate extra savings when making energy-efficient HVAC upgrades. Our HVAC pros offer equipment options with a variety of features so you are able to find a model that meets the requirements of your utility’s smart thermostat rebate program. Contact us today to learn more about ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats!