Why call a pro for air conditioning repair? High energy bills, uneven temperatures from room-to-room, moisture, mold, mildew, poor air quality, uncontrollable humidity levels, moisture damage, extended run times, and overall discomfort are some of the consequences of malfunctioning cooling equipment. If you put off dealing with even minor issues with air conditioning, be prepared to pay the price. Your problems are only going to get worse, resulting in more extensive damage to the system, more costly repairs, and greater disruption to your home and schedule. Prompt attention to these matters is critical. Properly diagnosing and fixing the root cause requires technical expertise, in-field experience, and sophisticated diagnostic tools. Count on the experienced professionals from Energy Savers to provide the accurate and affordable assistance you need to get back to enjoying the comfort of a refreshingly cool home.
Expert Air Conditioning repair keeps you feeling cool!
Energy Savers is a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer. Authorized Dealers are NATE-certified professionals, who have completed a stringent set of core and specialty exams, verifying their technical competency. Our team also receives ongoing training, specific to Carrier technology and products, and adheres to strict installation, service, and repair procedures. We rely on Factory Authorized Parts whenever possible, ensuring the best possible performance from your equipment.
Family owned and locally operated, Energy Savers treats our valued customers like we’d prefer to be treated. We avoid wasted time, aggravation, and delays by arriving on time, equipped with fully stocked service trucks and the sophisticated tools necessary to handle the majority of cooling malfunctions. Our goal is always to complete service without multiple house calls. We keep you informed, providing accurate estimates and the information you need to make cost-effective decisions. By preventing helpful options and knowledgeable recommendations, we make sure you are satisfied with the results of service. Our technicians take care of your property as if it was their own, protecting surfaces from damage, maintaining an organized job site, and clearing away all old equipment. We handle your repair needs from start to finish with the highest level of professionalism.
Air Conditioning Repair Troubleshooting Tips
Sometimes there are things you can do before you call. For example, if your air conditioner blows warm air, double-check the thermostat. Settings are accidentally changed all the time. Simple activities like dusting or kids jumping around can knock the setting from cool to heat. If, however, your thermostat takes incorrect readings, it sends incorrect instructions to the air conditioner.
If you’re concerned about your thermostat, give us a call. We can repair or replace it as necessary. You may have heard about WiFi thermostats or “smart” thermostats. These are a fantastic advancement in thermostat technology.
We caution homeowners, however, from buying one at a big box store. It’s best to pair the right thermostat with the right HVAC equipment. For example, some modern thermostats work better with variable-speed systems versus single-speed air conditioners.
We’re happy to work with you to select the thermostat right for you! We carry several models and install them in the optimal location. Then, our professional technicians teach you about its features so you get the most use out of it. It’s not worth the investment if you’re uncomfortable with 90 percent of what it can do.
Other air conditioning repair troubleshooting tips include 1) check and if necessary, change the air filter and 2) check the outdoor AC compressor unit. A dirty air filter negatively impacts heating and air systems in many ways. Exterior equipment is sometimes affected by obstructions. These include plants or other yard clutter blocking its airflow. Sometimes a twig gets inside and affects the fan blades. Walk around the AC compressor and see if there are obstructions you can easily remove. Do not try to remove anything if the blade is spinning. Let the pros handle it for safety reasons. Professional repairs range from issues with TXV valve, refrigerant leaks and issues with the fan, coils and compressor. We keep our trucks fully-stocked and our goal is to handle repairs in a single visit. Our team treats your home professionally, protect and clean up surfaces while keeping you informed along the way.
Why Air Conditioner Service is Important
Cooling systems are a key component in your home comfort, but typically very energy intensive. Energy Savers has the answer to your energy saving challenges. Annual maintenance, when performed by our NATE-certified specialists, keeps your air conditioner operating at peak efficiency. You’ll enjoy consistent, quiet, and safe operation. Simply keeping components clean helps prevent most common problems. Through conscientious tuning and troubleshooting, your cooling equipment will cost less to run, and provide superior filtration, dehumidification, and temperature control.
Regular A/C service keeps your system running longer!
Since annual service is only effective when it’s handled by experienced and highly trained professionals, trust the team from Energy Savers. Family owned and locally operated since 1977, we are a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, and held to strict standards of service, knowledge, and expertise. We are BPI certified, NATE-certified, and a proud winner of the Angie’s List 2013 Super Service Award. Our commitment to your complete satisfaction is evidenced by our A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
Some of the reasons to invest in regular maintenance from Energy Savers include:
- The alternative is to wait for your system to fail. Repairs are typically five times more costly than scheduled service.
- Cleaning the blower’s fan blades will keep your air conditioning operating efficiently and quietly.
- Dirty air conditioning vents are breeding grounds for moisture-loving black mold. Professional cleaning removes and prevents mold from the cooling unit and ductwork. Energy Savers has the know-how to complete the job correct and safely, so your family is not exposed to harmful mold spores during the process.
- Keeping A/C ducts free of dirt and other debris reduces the likelihood of mold growth. Organic matter on which mold can feed is eliminated and your air quality is protected.
- Simply replacing a dirty, clogged filter with a clean one can reduce a cooling unit’s energy consumption by 5% to 15%.
- The aluminum fins on evaporator and condenser coils are easily bent and can obstruct airflow. Regular inspection uncovers and allows correction of problems with airflow.
- Clogged drain channels prevent a unit from reducing humidity, and may even lead to property damage, due to overflow and excess moisture. Annual cleaning prevents organic growth, such as algae and mold, from disrupting proper performance.
- How long your system will last depends largely on proper maintenance. Keeping components operating at peak condition promotes lengthened service life.
- Dirty and faulty equipment must work much harder to maintain ideal temperatures. This leads to longer run times, excessive energy use, and higher costs.
- As equipment suffers from wear and tear, it will eventually succumb to sudden malfunctions. Annual troubleshooting, tuning, and cleaning wards off the majority of repair needs.
- Scheduling service in the spring leaves plenty of time for any necessary replacement parts to be ordered and installed. Your system will be ready for the summer heat and provide uninterrupted comfort.
- If your system is protected by warranty, a record of professional service is necessary for coverage.
- With a Priority Service Plan from Energy Savers you’ll also benefit from priority service, 15% off all repair work, and total peace of mind.
Energy Savers is dedicated to providing you with exceptional air conditioning repair and service!
Your cooling system is a complex machine and a significant investment. While generally very reliable, the intense summer workload may eventually lead to difficulties. Energy Savers works on all makes and models, handles jobs big and small, and after nearly forty years of service, we’ve resolved every sort of cooling issue. Since first opening our doors in 1977, we’ve held ourselves to an unwavering standard of excellence, and continue to serve Columbus and all of Columbus, GA, Auburn, AL, Opelika & Phenix City, AL to the best of our ability.